HP Pavilion X360 Manjaro XFCE Edition (17.1.4)

Installed several distros on this duo core machine and it dies with most when Dropbox and Insync start up.
With Ubuntu and most gnome desktops its slow.
So I put Manjaro XFCE Edition (17.1.4) on after trying Netrunner rolling.
Strangely the Plasma desktop did not suck resources but is not to my liking. 
So I installed the XCFE version then added Mate and Cinnamon. 
I like both but in my situation Cinnamon is the best as the indicators for Dropbox and Insync both work "out of the box".
As ever I also added Scrivener 2.9 running under wine. No issues.
Zotero_standalone.
Vivaldi - Browser of choice. Not a resource hog.





So far so good. 

Also found a great Ever-note client for Linux in Tusk https://klauscfhq.github.io/tusk/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intel Nuc - Ubuntu and Manjaro

Linux on a iMac and HP 360 several months later